This programme comprises 70 credits.
Students need to be aware of the physical requirements for operating in the workforce as a support worker.
There are 200 work experience hourse for this programme.
Study at HLC in Levin
This programme is being delivered in partnership with HLC Levin.
Recognition of prior learning
Applications for Recognition of Prior Learning, including Cross Credit, Credit Transfer and Assessment of Prior Learning may be made on the Recognition of Prior Learning Form where a student believes they can demonstrate specified competencies.
It will make the process easier if you prepare the following before you apply:
- National Student Number (NSN) (If you don't have a NSN, you may request one from NZQA, or you can supply a verified copy of your birth certificate, passport or Whakapapa statement.)
- Evidence of your highest level of academic achievement (and evidence of prior learning, if applicable)
- Evidence that you meet the entry requirements of the programme
- A completed Police Declaration Form
- A completed Health Declaration Form
- Check if you're eligible for additional support or a scholarship. If you're 19 years or younger, you may be eligible to enrol in one of our free Youth Transition programmes.
Note that you will need to provide any verified documents in person, via post or email.