Do you have experience, skills and knowledge? What about getting qualified? Talk to a specialist at UCOL Te Pūkenga about our assessment of prior learning service.
Valuing skills attained in work and life
People learn valuable skills and knowledge while working, living in the community and through volunteer work. UCOL Te Pūkenga can evaluate whether certain skills and knowledge you've attained can be formally recognised and credited towards a relevant qualification.
Get a head start on a formal qualification
If you're seeking to get ahead in your career, and believe you have attained valuable skills that could be credited towards a qualification, it's possible that you wouldn't need to give up work or your time to attend training for things you already know.
- Chat with one of our friendly specialists
- Self-assess your skills and knowledge, and determine what UCOL Te Pūkenga qualification these could relate to
- Apply for the UCOL Te Pūkenga assessment of prior learning service (a fee applies)
- Collect evidence of your relevant skills, knowledge and experience
- Undergo formal assessment
with a UCOL Te Pūkenga staff member to evaluate the evidence you've provided.
Your skills may be tested (eg laboratory, kitchen or workshop skills), and you may have a professional conversation about the knowledge you bring.
Ready to gain the qualifications you need to progress your career? We welcome you to get in touch.
Contact: Shane Tawharu
Phone: +64 6 952 7001 extn 70368