A highlight of the UCOL | Te Pūkenga calendar is commemorating the achievements of our students at hui whakapūmau (graduation). Everyone who is involved in our students' study journey - from lecturers to whānau - gathers together for what is a formal and enjoyable occasion.
Our 2023 graduation dates are as follows
- The Manawatū graduation ceremony for all Certificate graduands will be held on Thursday 23 March at the Regent on Broadway at 1:00pm
- The Manawatū graduation ceremony for all Degree and Diploma graduands will be held on Friday 24 March at the Regent on Broadway at 1:00pm
- The Wairarapa graduation ceremony will be held on Tuesday 28 March at Rathkeale College, Ōpaki at 2:00pm
- The Horowhenua graduation ceremony will be held on Friday 31 March at Focal Point Cinema, Levin at 1:00pm
- The Whanganui graduation ceremony will be held on Wednesday 5 April in the Whanganui War Memorial at 1.00pm.
Note: From 2023, UCOL | Te Pūkenga and the programme you have enrolled in will become part of Te Pūkenga. So, if you join UCOL | Te Pūkenga in 2023, you will be awarded Te Pūkenga certification. And, if you are a current learner graduating in 2023, you will be awarded a co-branded certificate.
Apply to Graduate
All UCOL | Te Pūkenga ākonga can graduate in person at a UCOL | Te Pūkenga Graduation Ceremony, in absentia or per the arrangements made by the graduation committee based on the circumstances.
If you are eligible to graduate, we will send an email to help you apply. Please ensure your contact details with us are updated before January 2023. Once you have applied, you will receive a graduation pack with everything you need to know about the graduation.
For graduands with a diploma or degree, academic regalia is required. For graduands with a certificate, academic regalia is optional. In addition, Māori graduands may wear a Korowai over their gown. Academic regalia needs to be ordered by 24 February 2023. You can order it here.
It is your special day, and you are welcome to bring your whānau, friends or supporters to your graduation ceremony. There will be a limitation on the number of guests you can bring – we will inform you of this closer to the graduation dates.
UCOL | Te Pūkenga Souvenirs