This programmecomprises 120 credits.
Technical Support Fundamentals
Deliver organisational technical support based on best practice in IT service management.
- ITIL, user needs analysis, user training, technical writing
Develop an understanding of fundamentals of computer hardware, operating systems, and troubleshooting techniques.
- Ubuntu (Linux), numbering systems, PC building and configuration
Understand the fundamentals of computer networks as they currently exist in industry and to enable students to describe, test, and troubleshoot local area networks
- TCP/IP, networking protocols, network topologies, network devices, WireShark
Information Systems Fundamentals
Develop expertise on business information systems fundamentals and essential components of the ICT profession
- Cloud computing, collaboration technologies, business systems, IT history
Systems Analysis Fundamentals
Gain fundamental knowledge relating to the principles of systems analysis and systems requirement elicitation techniques
- Visual Paradigm, Requirements management, Use case modelling, Process modelling, Data modelling
Develop foundational expertise on the fundamentals of web development and to enable the production of quality websites
Gain fundamental programming knowledge and application of programming techniques to develop quality software
- Visual C#, .NET Framework, Visual Studio, Testing, Debugging, SDLC
Build a broad operational knowledge of database design and administration
- Microsoft Access, Microsoft SQL Server, SQL Queries, data administration