Note: As a subsidiary of
Te Pūkenga - New Zealand Institute of Skills and Technology, UCOL is committed to providing the best learning outcome for you. As part of this, all programmes are currently being reviewed to make them portable, consistent, and closely aligned with the needs of the industry. When published, this course information is correct, but the courses offered may change over time. If you have any questions call an Enrolment Advisor on 0800 468 265.
From 2023, UCOL and the programme you have enrolled in will become part of Te Pūkenga. So, if you join UCOL in 2023, you will be awarded Te Pūkenga certification. And, if you are a current learner graduating in 2023, you will be awarded a co-branded certificate.
This programme consist of 120 credits. The courses includes;
Technical Support Fundamentals
Deliver organisational technical support based on best practice in IT service management.
- ITIL, user needs analysis, user training, technical writing
Develop an understanding of fundamentals of computer hardware, operating systems, and troubleshooting techniques.
- Ubuntu (Linux), numbering systems, PC building and configuration
Understand the fundamentals of computer networks as they currently exist in industry and to enable students to describe, test, and troubleshoot local area networks
- TCP/IP, networking protocols, network topologies, network devices, WireShark
Information Systems Fundamentals
Develop expertise on business information systems fundamentals and essential components of the ICT profession
- Cloud computing, collaboration technologies, business systems, IT history
Systems Analysis Fundamentals
Gain fundamental knowledge relating to the principles of systems analysis and systems requirement elicitation techniques
- Visual Paradigm, Requirements management, Use case modelling, Process modelling, Data modelling
Develop foundational expertise on the fundamentals of web development and to enable the production of quality websites
Gain fundamental programming knowledge and application of programming techniques to develop quality software
- Visual C#, .NET Framework, Visual Studio, Testing, Debugging, SDLC
Build a broad operational knowledge of database design and administration
- Microsoft Access, Microsoft SQL Server, SQL Queries, data administration