As UCOL becomes
Te Pūkenga on 1 January 2023, learners enrolling in a programme that is likely to continue into semester 1 2023 or starting in semester 1 2023 will become Te Pūkenga learners. They will receive their qualification from Te Pūkenga on completion.
Students with an interest in computing and ICT will extend their skills over a range of industry leading digital tools, development platforms, and technologies. It is recommended that applicants seek advice from the Head of School if they would like more information regarding the required skill level for this programme. Previous study in the area of computing/information technology would be an advantage to successful completion of the programme.
Part-time study option
If you'd like to study this qualification part-time, you can do so, completing one course at a time.
Recognition of prior learning
Applications for Recognition of Prior Learning, including Cross Credit, Credit Transfer and Assessment of Prior Learning may be made on the
Recognition of Prior Learning Form where a student believes all learning outcomes for a course have already been met. Applications will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis in accordance with the
UCOL Academic Statute and other relavant
policies and procedures.
It will make the process easier if you prepare the following before you apply:
- National Student Number (NSN) (If you don't have a NSN, you may request one from NZQA, or you can supply a verified copy of your birth certificate, passport or Whakapapa statement.)
- Evidence of your highest level of academic achievement (and evidence of prior learning, if applicable)
- Evidence that you meet the entry requirements of the programme
- Check if you're eligible for additional support or a scholarship. If you're 19 years or younger, you may be eligible to enrol in one of our free Youth Transition programmes.
Note that you will need to provide any
verified documents in person, via post or email (not via the online application form).
Previous Related Programmes
The New Zealand Certificate in Computing supersedes and takes the best from the following programme of study, which is no longer offered:
- Certificate in IT for Business