Note: As a business division of
Te Pūkenga - New Zealand Institute of Skills and Technology, UCOL is committed to providing the best learning outcome for you. As part of this, all programmes are currently being reviewed to make them portable, consistent, and closely aligned with the needs of the industry. When published, this course information is correct, but the courses offered may change over time. If you have any questions call an Enrolment Advisor on 0800 468 265.
From 2023, UCOL and the programme you have enrolled in will become part of Te Pūkenga. So, if you join UCOL in 2023, you will be awarded Te Pūkenga certification. And, if you are a current learner graduating in 2023, you will be awarded a co-branded certificate.
This programme consists of 40 credits. The courses include:
Language Teaching Theory (20 credits)
- Analysing language construction in preparation for teaching a language
- Acquiring learner-centred strategies used to facilitate language acquisition
- Assessment methods and tools
Language Teaching Practical (20 credits)
- Learning how to progressively plan and deliver a series of language lessons
- Demonstrating learner-centred teaching strategies
- Assessing learners and providing feedback
- Reflecting on one's teaching practice and responding to feedback