Your personalised timetable will be available just prior to classes starting, and will comprise a commitment of:
- 127 hours of lecturer supported learning
- 270 hours of self-directed learning (your own time spent on research and study to complete your written assignments)
- A minimum of three hours spent on the practicum
The programme is offered through a blended delivery of on-line learning and a one hour optional class (Thursday 4-5pm).
A minimum of 4 hours ESOL teaching.
Recognition of Prior Learning
Applications for Recognition of Prior Learning, including Cross Credit, Credit Transfer and Assessment of Prior Learning may be made on the
Recognition of Prior Learning Form where a student believes all learning outcomes for a course or unit standards have already been met.
It will make the process easier if you prepare the following before you
- National Student Number (NSN) (If you don't have a NSN, you may
request one from NZQA, or you can supply a verified copy of your birth certificate, passport or Whakapapa statement.)
- Evidence of your highest level of academic achievement (and evidence of prior learning, if applicable)
- Evidence that you meet the entry requirements of the programme
- Check if you're eligible for additional support or a
scholarship. If you're 19 years or younger, you may be eligible to enrol in one of
our free Youth Transition programmes.
Note that you will need to provide any verified documents in person, via post or email.