Full attendance is encouraged to maximise learning opportunities and to optimise success for students. Completion of this programme is required within three years of the date of first enrolment.
Students will be placed in an early childhood setting organised by UCOL to achieve the required 60 hours of practicum if they are not already working within the sector.
Work placements and successful completion of the programme are dependent on a satisfactory police check and UCOL’s ability to place students successfully.
Your personalised timetable will be available just prior to classes starting, and will comprise a commitment of:
- On-campus tutorials
- Self-directed learning (your own time spent on research and study to complete your written assignments)
- 60 hours of practicum placement
Recognition of Prior Learning
Applications for Recognition of Prior Learning, including Cross Credit, Credit Transfer and Assessment of Prior Learning may be made on the
Recognition of Prior Learning Form where a student believes all learning outcomes for a course or unit standards have already been met.
It will make the process easier if you prepare the following before you
- National Student Number (NSN) (If you don't have a NSN, you may
request one from NZQA, or you can supply a verified copy of your birth certificate, passport or Whakapapa statement.)
- Evidence of your highest level of academic achievement (and evidence of prior learning, if applicable)
- Evidence that you meet the entry requirements of the programme
Police Declaration Form
- Check if you're eligible for additional support or a scholarship. If you're 19 years or younger, you may be eligible to enrol in one of
our free Youth Transition programmes.
Note that you will need to provide any verified documents in person, via post or email.