At UCOL you're supported to do your job and be part of an organisation committed to inspire students, businesses and communities to succeed.
Whether you’re an academic or professional member of staff at UCOL, you are warmly welcomed to the organization and are provided access to a range of benefits.
To mark the start of each academic year UCOL holds a Staff Welcome event for staff. This event is a good way for new staff to meet colleagues, share some kai, and hear about the direction for the year ahead.
Providing an environment where individuals can develop their lives and careers is at the heart of what we do.
- All staff receive 10 days per annum for approved professional development
- Regular professional development sessions offered on each campus
- Annual Staff Symposium
- Academic staff have the opportunity each year to apply for academic promotion
- Free access to LinkedIn Learning, a website offering video courses by industry experts on various topics
- Four Annual Staff Awards of $5000 value each are presented every year for professional development
- Car parks provided for all UCOL staff members
- Free bus services are available to all UCOL staff within the Palmerston North and Whanganui cities
- Access to libraries on each campus and their collections
Experiences Unique to UCOL
- Opportunities to book in with student Beauty, Nail Technology and Hairdressing clinic days in UCOL’s specialist facilities
- Opportunities to dine at UCOL’s training restaurants
- Option to take up an annual gym membership with access to the UCOL gym and student trainers in Palmerston North
- Flu injections are available to staff free of charge
- Access to the services of an occupational health nurse for work station assessments, hearing and eye tests, and cholesterol and blood sugar monitoring
- UCOL has formed a partnership with Southern Cross to provide staff with affordable healthcare. The ‘Group Scheme’ arrangement offers staff benefits which include a special discount on premiums, and special medical concessions.
- All permanent salaries are reviewed annually in accordance with performance criteria, separate from any general wage increase
- ANZ bank provide UCOL with a Staff Banking Package which provides a number of discounts and special benefits at no cost
- Westpac offer UCOL Staff a purpose made Government Employee Pack, which means you can enjoy discounted rates on many aspects of your personal banking
- Eligible staff members may apply for a fees concession on either their UCOL studies or that of their partner and their dependent children
Local Business Offers
UCOL staff enjoy discounts from a large number of local business including cafes, restaurants, theatres and automotive businesses.
- Duncan Motors
- Joe’s Garage
- Lollipops Educare (Grey Street branch)
- Scholars Café
- Stage Door Atrium (at UCOL)
- Stage Door Café
- Vautier Pharmacy