Kia ora, Kia orana, Malo e lelei, Bula Vinaka, Fakaalofa lahi atu, Talofa lava, Malo ni, Greetings to all.
By collaboration and shared values, Māori and Pasifika people aged between 16 – 40 years now have an opportunity to study FEES-FREE* at UCOL through the Māori and Pasifika Trades Training (MPTT) initiative.
The Māori and Pasifika Trades Training (MPTT) initiative provides a limited number of FEES-FREE* tertiary places for Māori and Pasifika learners, and an opportunity for students to pathway onto apprenticeships, employment, or higher levels of study - with better outcomes for students, employers, whānau/aiga and communities.
*Other course related costs may apply.
What you can expect
- Academic support throughout your studies
- Access to all
- Pastoral care and cultural support
- Assistance with StudyLink/WINZ and other agencies
- A safe, supportive learning environment
- A whānau and aiga-based student experience
Relationship-based learning practices from UCOL staff
- Opportunity to develop relationships with employers while studying
- Assistance and preparation for gaining apprenticeships and employment