UCOL's New Zealand Diploma in Architectural Technology comprises 240 credits.
Students need to be aware of the physical requirements for operating in a workshop or construction site. Students will be advised to put any special needs or requirements in writing and advise the Programme Leader before the programme begins. To optimise chances of success, 100 per cent attendance is strongly recommended.
This programme has optional project work included as part of the course.
Recognition of Prior Learning
Applications for Recognition of Prior Learning, including Cross Credit, Credit Transfer and Assessment of Prior Learning may be made on the
Recognition of Prior Learning Form
where a student believes all learning outcomes for a course or unit standards have already been met.
It will make the process easier if you prepare the following before you
- National Student Number (NSN) (If you don't have a NSN, you may
request one from NZQA, or you can supply a verified copy of your birth certificate, passport or Whakapapa statement.)
- Evidence of your highest level of academic achievement (and evidence of prior learning, if applicable)
- Evidence that you meet the entry requirements of the programme
- Check if you're eligible for additional support or a
scholarship. If you're 19 years or younger, you may be eligible to enrol in one of
our free Youth Transition programmes.
Note that you will need to provide any verified documents in person, via post or email.
Please note that there are additional costs associated with the New Zealand Diploma in Architectural Technology:
- Faber Castell graphite sketch pencils (6B - 2H) - packet of six
- Pilot Hi Tech V7RT Retractable Rollerball Pen
- Pilot Hi Tech V7RT Retractable Rollerball Pen Fine Black
- Staedler Academy scale ruler 961 80 2AS 300mm
- Staedtler Mechanical Pencil 0.9mm
- Pencil leads 0.9mm HB
- A3 sketch pad
- Lecture pad A4, 7mm, ruled, 200 leaf
- Compass set
- USB memory stick 4GB
- Eraser max large vinyl (1)
- French curves
- Triangles 200mm (45/45, 30/60)
- Pencil sharpener