UCOL's New Zealand Certificate in Construction Trade Skills with strands in Carpentry and Joinery comprises 60-120 credits.
To successfully complete this programme, you need to be aware of the physical demands required for this career pathway.
There is no work experience component as part of this programme.
The length of your study will depend on what area of focus you choose. The New Zealand Certificate in Construction Trade Skills (Level 3) has two speciality strands to choose from including Carpentry and Joinery.
- Joinery strand comprises of 27-delivery weeks and 3 weeks holiday.
- Carpentry strand comprises of 36-delivery weeks and 6 weeks holiday.
Classes started in February 2017 in all three locations of Palmerston North, Wairarapa and Taumaranui and are due to finish in September 2017 and December 2017, depending on the strand. Additional cohorts are being run with a mid-year start as per the quick info box above.
Recognition of Prior Learning
Applications for Recognition of Prior Learning, including Cross Credit, Credit Transfer and Assessment of Prior Learning may be made on the
Recognition of Prior Learning Form
where a student believes all learning outcomes for a course or unit standards have already been met.
It will make the process easier if you prepare the following before you
- National Student Number (NSN) (If you don't have a NSN, you may
request one from NZQA, or you can supply a verified copy of your birth certificate, passport or Whakapapa statement.)
- Evidence of your highest level of academic achievement (and evidence of prior learning, if applicable)
- Evidence that you meet the entry requirements of the programme
- Check if you're eligible for additional support or a
scholarship. If you're 19 years or younger, you may be eligible to enrol in one of
our free Youth Transition programmes.
Note that you will need to provide any verified documents in person, via post or email.