UCOL's National Certificate in Building Construction and Allied Trade Skills comprises 41 credits.
It is recommended that students under the age of 20 have met the literacy and numeracy requirements of NCEA Level 1 or equivalent. Students need to be aware of the physical demands required for this career pathway and must supply their own equipment as specified in the Student Handbook.
To optimise chances of student success, 100% attendance is strongly recommended.
It will make the process easier if you prepare the following before you
- National Student Number (NSN) (If you don't have a NSN, you may
request one from NZQA, or you can supply a verified copy of your birth certificate, passport or Whakapapa statement.)
- Evidence of your highest level of academic achievement (and evidence of prior learning, if applicable)
- Evidence that you meet the entry requirements of the programme
- Check if you're eligible for additional support or a
scholarship. If you're 19 years or younger, you may be eligible to enrol in one of
our free Youth Transition programmes.
Note that you will need to provide any verified documents in person, via post or email.
Please note that there are additional costs associated with the National Certificate in Building, Construction and Allied Trade Skills:
- Steel cap boots $80 - $100