UCOL's New Zealand Diploma in Enrolled Nursing comprises 180 credits.
UCOL will undertake a safety check of all students after enrolment to ensure UCOL meets the legislative requirements of the Vulnerable Children Act, 2014. UCOL will do this on behalf of Hospitals, District Health Boards, Primary Health Organisations and GP practices which host UCOL student placements. The safety check involves confirming the student's work history, verifying their suitability to work with children with a trusted referee, and completing New Zealand Police vetting.
As preparation to becoming a qualified registered enrolled nurse, students will undertake 900 hours of clinical practice in a variety of health care settings.
Students studying UCOL's New Zealand Diploma in Enrolled Nursing in Horowhenua will undertake their clinical placements in Whanganui. Travel and accommodation are at their own cost. The placements will include:
- Aged care - foundation - 7 weeks
- Rehabilitation - 4 weeks
- Medical/surgical - 4 weeks
- Mental health - 4 weeks
Recognition of Prior Learning
Applications for Recognition of Prior Learning, including Cross Credit, Credit Transfer and Assessment of Prior Learning may be made on the
Recognition of Prior Learning Form
where a student believes all learning outcomes for a course or unit standards have already been met.
It will make the process easier if you prepare the following before you
- National Student Number (NSN) (If you don't have a NSN, you may request one from NZQA, or you can supply a verified copy of your birth certificate, passport or Whakapapa statement.)
- Evidence of your highest level of academic achievement (and evidence of prior learning, if applicable)
- Evidence that you meet the entry requirements of the programme
- A completed Police Declaration Form
- A completed Health Declaration Form
- Check if you're eligible for additional support or a scholarship. If you're 19 years or younger, you may be eligible to enrol in one of our free Youth Transition programmes.
Note that you will need to provide any verified documents in person, via post or email.
Year 1 - $7,592.00
Year 2(Final 6 months) - $3,796.00
Year 1 - $22,500.00
Year 2(Final 6 months) - $11,250.00