UCOL's New Zealand Diploma in Applied Science Level 6 comprises 120 credits.
To optimise chances of success, full attendance is strongly recommended. The availability of a particular elective course is subject to an appropriate number of students enrolling in that course and not all electives may be offered in any given intake.
Recognition of prior learning
Applications for Recognition of Prior Learning, including Cross Credit, Credit Transfer and Assessment of Prior Learning may be made on the
Recognition of Prior Learning Form
where a student believes all learning outcomes for a course or unit standards have already been met.
It will make the process easier if you prepare the following before you
- National Student Number (NSN) (If you don't have a NSN, you may
request one from NZQA, or you can supply a verified copy of your birth certificate, passport or Whakapapa statement.)
- Evidence of your highest level of academic achievement (and evidence of prior learning, if applicable)
- Evidence that you meet the entry requirements of the programme
- Check if you're eligible for additional support or a
scholarship. If you're 19 years or younger, you may be eligible to enrol in one of
our free Youth Transition programmes.
Note that you will need to provide any verified documents in person, via post or email.
Previous Related Programme
The New Zealand Diploma in Applied Science supersedes and takes the best from the following programme of study, which is no longer offered:
- National Diploma in Science