Applicants under 20 years of age:
University entrance requirements comprise NCEA Level 3 - (80 credits, 60 of which are at Level 3 or above).
- Three subjects at Level 3 or above made up of 14 credits each in three approved subjects
- Literacy - 10 Credits at Level 2 or above made up of 5 Credits in reading and 5 Credits in writing
- Numeracy - 10 Credits at Level 1 or above made up of:
- Achievement Standards - specified Achievement standards through a range of subjects, or
- Unit Standards - a package of three Numeracy Unit Standards: 26623, 26626, 26627 (all three required).
OR equivalent academic achievement
OR on a case-by-case basis at the discretion of the Executive Dean
OR provisional enrolment.
Applicants over 20 years of age:
A person having reached the age of 20 years by the first day of the programme in the year for which admission is sought, is not required to hold the above entry qualifications.
Students must hold a current Comprehensive First Aid Certificate, or have gained that certificate prior to the second semester of the programme.