The National Certificate in Beauty Services (Cosmetology) comprises 52 credits. This programme is part of Certificate in Beauty Services Level 4
. Please discuss your enrolment with the Programme Leader to work out the best option for you.
Excellent personal presentation is required on this programme at all times. A uniform is provided for students and this must be worn when working in the clinic.
In order to achieve the written components of the programme students will need to have basic numeracy and literacy skills. To optimise chances of success, 100 per cent attendance is strongly recommended.
Your personalised timetable will be available just prior to classes starting, and will comprise a weekly commitment of:
- 24 hours of lecturer supported learning including practical and theory tutorials
- 16 hours of self-directed learning (your own time spent on research and study to complete your written assignments and time to further develop practical skills)
- Classes run between the hours of 9am - 4pm Monday – Thursday.
Recognition of prior learning
Applications for Recognition of Prior Learning, including Cross Credit, Credit Transfer and Assessment of Prior Learning may be made on the
Recognition of Prior Learning Form
where a student believes all learning outcomes for a course or unit standards have already been met.
It will make the process easier if you prepare the following before you
- National Student Number (NSN) (If you don't have a NSN, you may
request one from NZQA, or you can supply a verified copy of your birth certificate, passport or Whakapapa statement.)
- Evidence of your highest level of academic achievement (and evidence of prior learning, if applicable)
- Evidence that you meet the entry requirements of the programme
- Check if you're eligible for additional support or a
scholarship. If you're 19 years or younger, you may be eligible to enrol in one of
our free Youth Transition programmes.
Note that you will need to provide any verified documents in person, via post or email.