UCOL's New Zealand Diploma in Photography (Level 5) comprises 120 credits.
Prospective students should understand that the New Zealand Diploma in Photography, Level 5 requires motivation, organisational skills and commitment.
Where class content is delivered on campus, a high level of attendance is recommended if students are to satisfactorily meet the learning outcomes. If a student misses a key session or significant portion of the programme, progress may be hampered. It is highly recommended that consistent attendance levels are maintained and notified key sessions are attended.
Where programme content is delivered on-line it is necessary that students maintain a high level of commitment to completing the programme content and that regular communication is maintained with lecturers.
Your personalised timetable will be available just prior to classes starting, and will comprise a weekly commitment of:
- 15 hours of lecturer supported learning in class
- 23 hours of self-directed learning (your own time spent working to complete your assignments)
Please be aware there will probably be at least one night class a week for the programme in Palmerston North and Auckland. In the case of UCOL's New Zealand Diploma in Photography (Level 5) in Auckland, classes are run over four full days a week - lecturer supported hours. In either location if you choose to do part time work, we recommend a maximum of 10 hours a week.
It will make the process easier if you prepare the following before you
- National Student Number (NSN) (If you don't have a NSN, you may
request one from NZQA, or you can supply a verified copy of your birth certificate, passport or Whakapapa statement.)
- Evidence of your highest level of academic achievement (and evidence of prior learning, if applicable)
- Evidence that you meet the entry requirements of the programme
- Check if you're eligible for additional support or a
scholarship. If you're 19 years or younger, you may be eligible to enrol in one of
our free Youth Transition programmes.
Note that you will need to provide any verified documents in person, via post or email.
Recognition of prior learning
Applications for Recognition of Prior Learning, including Cross Credit, Credit Transfer and Assessment of Prior Learning may be made on the
Recognition of Prior Learning Form
where a student believes all learning outcomes for a course or unit standards have already been met.
Please note that there are additional costs associated with the New Zealand Diploma in Photography Level 5 of up to $587.00 dependent on the workshops you choose as follows:
- 1TB hard drive - up to $85.00
- x2 8GB pen drive - $26.00
- 4 GB SD card - $20.00
- CF 32G high speed - extreme pro memory card - $126.00
- Equipment bond for using cameras, tripods, tablets etc outside of class time - $80.00
- Printing - $100.00
- Mounting boards - $60.00
- 3M spray mount glue or double-sided tape - up to $60.00
- x2 A4 visual diaries (may be digital) - $30.00