It is recommended that students have met the literacy and numeracy requirements of NCEA Level 1 or equivalent.
The Certificate in Introductory Photography, Level 5 (Training Scheme), comprises 20 credits.
The following are the timings for class, which comprise seven hours a week. The Saturday session is every second week. Note that the following hours may vary slightly from time to time and will be confirmed on the first night of class.
- Palmerston North - Monday and Wednesday evenings 5:30 - 8:30pm and Saturdays 10am - 3pm.
- Whanganui - Monday and Wednesday evenings 5:30 - 8:30pm and Saturdays 10am - 3pm.
- Wairarapa - Tuesday and Wednesday evenings 5:30 - 8:30pm and Saturdays 10am - 3pm.
- Auckland - Monday and Wednesday evenings 5:30 - 7:30pm and Saturdays 10am - 4pm.
It will make the process easier if you prepare the following before you
- National Student Number (NSN) (If you don't have a NSN, you may
request one from NZQA, or you can supply a verified copy of your birth certificate, passport or Whakapapa statement.)
- Evidence of your highest level of academic achievement (and evidence of prior learning, if applicable)
- Evidence that you meet the entry requirements of the programme
- Check if you're eligible for additional support or a
scholarship. If you're 19 years or younger, you may be eligible to enrol in one of
our free Youth Transition programmes.
Note that you will need to provide any verified documents in person, via post or email.
Recognition of prior learning
Applications for Recognition of Prior Learning, including Cross Credit, Credit Transfer and Assessment of Prior Learning may be made on the
Recognition of Prior Learning Form
where a student believes all learning outcomes for a course or unit standards have already been met.