Skip Navigation Links Home International StudentsImportant for Internationals

Important for Internationals

UCOL is dedicated to supporting international students seeking or undertaking study with us. The following policies and procedures guide the way UCOL deals with international student applications and the pastoral care of international students.


Admission and Enrolment


Contract Dispute Resolution

International students are welcomed to discuss any issues they have with a UCOL staff member. We will provide support accordingly and seek a solution. If you feel that UCOL have not resolved your concern or complaint you can seek support from the New Zealand Qualification Authority (NZQA) free of charge. NZQA is a government organisation, and they can provide an independent assessment of your complaint.


International Student Fees

International students pay different fees to New Zealand citizens. The fees can be found on the programme (qualification) page. The fees displayed are for one year of study. Payment is required in full before teaching starts.


Pastoral Care


Recognition of Prior Learning

UCOL has a Recognition of Prior Learning Procedure. Contact us to find out more.


Working in New Zealand while studying

If you have a New Zealand student visa, you may be able to work while you're studying, as directed by Immigration New Zealand. In addition, you may also be eligible for post-study work rights.  Please contact Immigration New Zealand directly, and see the links below to the Student Factsheet.