Celebrate Matariki, the Māori New Year, with us.
To celebrate Matariki, we'll be holding activities all week. Matariki activities across UCOL campuses include:
- Harakeke earring and poi-making workshop followed by kai – 22 June
- Matariki Waitī multimedia display on Block 4 UCOL King/Queen St carpark. Test run – 27 June. Public event – August (date and time to be confirmed)
- Soup Day lunch – 20 June
- BBQ lunch – 21 June
- Te rā whānau lunch for kaumatua, kuia and ākonga, Tote bag decorating and waiata – 22 June
- Ngā Upoko Māori o Wairarapa (Māori/ Pasifika Kaimahi) have created three activities framed around four of the stars in the Matariki cluster:
- Pōhutukawa, remembering tūpuna and whānau who have passed on – 20 June
- Tupuānuku and Tupuārangi, connection with food grown and food from the sky, this is a movement session followed by hāngī – 5 July
- Hiwa i te rangi: casting our wishes, aspirations and future goals for the new year – 12 July
- Kapahaka followed by a hangi – 29 June.
20 - 24 Jun
All UCOL Campus