A chance to showcase your talent and creative skills
Chef Training & Hospitality
City & Guilds
invite secondary school students with a passion for the culinary arts to enter our Secondary Schools Hospitality Competition.
- Cup Cakes - present six cupcakes made in the same style on a plate.
- White Bread Loaf - Make a loaf of white bread - un-sliced and weighing between 700 to 800 grams.
Live Kitchen Classes
- Woodhaven Gardens Inspired Omlette - prepare, cook and serve two portions of a flat omlette and a folded omlette within 30 minutes. Both varieties of omlette must contain a vegetable and be garnished appropriately.
- Creative Pizza - Prepare, cook and serve a pizza within 45 minutes using a supplied, pre-prepared base and pizza sauce.
- Pasta Dish - Prepare, cook and serve two portions of a pasta dish, to be individually plated within 60 minutes. Bought or homemade pasta may be used.
Live Restaurant Classes
- Non-alcoholic Mocktail - Produce two original and innovative mocktails.
- Barista - Make two single shot espressos and two single shot flat whites.
EligibilityOpen to Year 11, 12 or 13 students studying Hospitality and/or NZQA unit standards level 1 and 2.
EntryEntry is free of charge.
Whanganui - 17 August 2018
Palmerston North - 24 August 2018
Wairarapa - 30 August 2018
17 - 30 Aug